Why is solar energy the right choice:
- The sun will shine for another 4 billion years, providing us with solar energy free of charge.
- The energy from the sun which reaches the earth each day exceeds our needs 10,000 to 15,000-fold.
- The sun does not introduce CO₂ into our atmosphere, helping to protect our environment in two ways.
- Solar power systems reduce our dependence on suppliers of conventional fuels, and our exposure to the associated costs.
- Solar power is the only form of energy which can be produced locally anywhere in the world.
- Energy losses are negligible as a result of the minimal transport distances, which leads to significant cost savings.
- The sun is not controlled by international companies or authoritarian governments.
- Energy from the sun does not harm our environment.
Why solar energy?
The sun is the resource of the future
Fossil fuels, like oil, gas and coal, are becoming increasingly scarce and are harmful to the environment, while increasing our reliance on major companies and potentially authoritarian governments, as they require enormous power plants and distribution grids. As a result of these size-related factors, only first world companies can implement effective power supplies. Environmentally-friendly and equitable supply of energy for the generations to come can only be guaranteed if we start using renewable energy sources now. Nuclear power - a dangerous, costly and finite resource - is a distant second place when it comes to protecting our climate.
The benefits of energy from the sun are as clear as day
The main raw materials needed to harness the power of the sun - sunlight and sand - are in abundant supply. This means that solar power will soon surpass conventional sources in cost-effectiveness. Like steam trains, automobiles and computers in other eras, solar energy has the potential to become the defining technology of our age, triggering a new economic upturn.
Solar energy has no disadvantages
No fuel or electricity grids are required to use solar energy, which makes it perfect for mostly private, local, environmentally-friendly and fair supply of electricity, available to anyone, anywhere in the world. Germany is home to many of the experts in this key technology for the future.